What is the most common complication of pregnancy?
Some of the most common complications of pregnancy include:
- high blood pressure.
- gestational diabetes.
- preterm labor.
- a loss of pregnancy, or miscarriage.
When do pregnancy complications start?
Through it commonly develops in later pregnancy, after 20 weeks gestation, it can develop earlier in the pregnancy, or even postpartum. Doctors are not sure what causes preeclampsia, and it can range from mild to severe. In serious cases, symptoms may include: severe headaches.
What are some bad signs during pregnancy?
Warning Signs During Pregnancy
- Bleeding or leaking fluid from the vagina.
- Blurry or impaired vision.
- Unusual or severe stomach pain or backaches.
- Frequent, severe, and/or constant headaches.
- Contractions, where your stomach muscles tighten, before 37 weeks that happen every 10 minutes or more often.
What are 3 complications of pregnancy?
What are some common complications of pregnancy?
- High Blood Pressure. High blood pressure, also called hypertension, occurs when arteries carrying blood from the heart to the body organs are narrowed. …
- Gestational Diabetes. …
- Infections. …
- Preeclampsia. …
- Preterm Labor. …
- Depression & Anxiety. …
- Pregnancy Loss/Miscarriage. …
What are five warning signs of a possible problem during pregnancy?
DANGER SIGNS DURING PREGNANCY
- vaginal bleeding.
- severe headaches with blurred vision.
- fever and too weak to get out of bed.
- severe abdominal pain.
- fast or difficult breathing.
What is the most difficult week in pregnancy?
The first trimester of pregnancy can often be the hardest. Pregnancy hormones, extreme fatigue, nausea and vomiting, tender breasts, and perpetually needing to wee make life growing a human no easy feat.
What can go wrong in early pregnancy?
A miscarriage is when a pregnancy is lost before 24 weeks. They are very common. Many early miscarriages (before 12 weeks) happen because there is something wrong with the baby. A later miscarriage may be due to an infection, problems in the placenta, or the cervix being weak and opening too early in the pregnancy.
What are the signs of a dead baby in the womb?
The most common symptom of stillbirth is when you stop feeling your baby moving and kicking. Others include cramps, pain or bleeding from the vagina. Call your health care provider right away or go to the emergency room if you have any of these conditions.
What does it mean if baby kicks a lot?
Babies who kick a lot in the womb are also more active after birth. Some mothers have more trouble feeling the kicks than others. If the placenta is on the front side of the womb, or if you are overweight, you will feel the kicks less. You can practice feeling for kicks when you check to see if your stomach moves.
Can laying on stomach hurt baby?
There is no evidence to suggest that sleeping on the stomach during the early weeks of pregnancy causes harm. The uterine walls and amniotic fluid cushion and protect the fetus.